Power Outage DR Planning
In the event of a prolonged power outage, perform the following tasks.
- Upon detection of a power outage that has affected any IT systems:
- Ensure that the UPS and/or backup power generator supply has been activated; AND
- Ensure that Facilities are continuously topping up backup power generators.
- Attend the Crisis Management meeting and:
- Liaise with Facilities to get an estimate of the duration of the power outage; AND
- Determine whether there are any non critical systems that can be shut down to minimize the usage of backup power supply.
- Upon resumption of mains power, confirm that all systems have been switched back to mains power supply.