IT Physical DR Planning
IT Building Related Recovery Tasks
In the event of an incident which has resulted in destruction to any of the [Company] premises where IT infrastructure resides, the following tasks are to be performed.
- Upon notification of an incident that has affected a building where IT infrastructure resides, determine whether it is possible to access the affected building to perform an initial IT related damage assessment.
- In the event that it is not possible to gain access to the building to perform an IT related damage assessment:
- Determine whether it is possible to assess systems availability without gaining access to the affected building; AND
- Liaise with Facilities to enable IT to gain access to the affected building at the first opportunity.
- Complete the IT related damage assessment at the first opportunity and establish the extent of the damage including:
- Which systems are affected;
- Whether it is possible to repair the damage to the IT systems with technology supplies that are available locally;
- Whether the affected building will be available for the rebuilding of the damaged IT infrastructure; AND
- An estimate of time it will take to repair the damage to the IT infrastructure.
- Convene a Crisis Management Team meeting and communicate the results of the damage assessment. Inform the Crisis Management Team of the estimated time it will take to restore the affected IT services.
- In conjunction with the Crisis Management Team, determine whether it is necessary to invoke the affected business, service delivery and IT recovery plans.
- Confirm the affected systems criticality ratings and ensure that application restore priorities meet with[Company]group priorities.
- Ensure IT staff, suppliers and any required contract staff are available to commence systems repairs.
- Conduct any repairs to the IT infrastructure that is possible.
- Liaise with Human Resources to identify and obtain any specialist skill-sets that are required to assist with the repairs to the IT infrastructure.
- Continue to liaise with the Crisis Management Team and ensure that they are continually aware of the status of the availability of the IT infrastructure.